Professional Piano Movers in Houston
Pianos are one of the most-beloved instruments. Although having your own piano is a joy, moving them can be quite a pain. While it might be tempting to move it yourself, do you really have enough willing friends and family? Are you prepared for the risks? There are good reasons Houston piano owners rely on professional piano movers. For most people, taking a DIY approach simply is not worth the risks.
Piano Movers of Texas is a professional piano moving company that has been serving the Houston area for years, moving thousands of pianos in the region. We have the experience and expertise to safely and securely move your piano, whether it is a grand piano, baby grand, or an upright piano. We understand the importance of your precious instrument and will take the utmost care to ensure that it is moved safely and securely.
Your Piano Is Bigger Than You Realize
When it comes to moving a piano, owners often grossly miscalculate the weight and size. A classic grand piano can weigh up to 1400 pounds and is around 6-foot long. Can you imagine the struggle involved in moving such a monster?
Uprights may be lighter, but they are certainly not lightweight. The average small upright weighs between 400-500 pounds. One of the most common household pianos is a spinet, and it weighs around 400 pounds. If you have a massive antique upright, you could be dealing with up to 900 pounds of weight.
Moving a piano is certainly not for the faint of heart or the inexperienced. Serious injuries can result from moving a piano improperly. Not only does bodily damage occur, but your piano could also pay the price and become irreparably damaged.
Even if you gather enough friends or family, without the right equipment, your piano could suffer damages. If you have ever paid for piano repairs, you know the expense can be astronomical.
Reliable Piano Moving Specialists You Can Trust from Start to Finish
Whether you’re moving your piano locally or nationwide, we can provide you with prompt and reliable service. We understand the importance of careful planning and execution when it comes to moving such a delicate and valuable item, and we will work with you to ensure that your piano is moved safely and efficiently.
We offer a wide range of piano moving services, from basic transport to full-service packing and crating. We can also provide you with storage options if you need to temporarily store your piano during your move. Our goal is to make the moving process as stress-free as possible for you.
Avoid Making Common Mistakes
There are many things that go wrong when owners try to move their pianos themselves. From broken piano legs to broken fingers, the dangers abound. With over ten years of experience, our professional Piano Movers Houston mitigate the risks and protect your valuable instrument from damage.
1. Do not underestimate the weight and bulk of your piano. This is one of the biggest mistakes owners make and it can be a costly one.
2. Never try to move a piano using the rolling casters. Casters are more for decoration than support. They are not meant to move the massive weight of a piano. Your piano is too valuable to risk damage.
3. Without the right number of movers and equipment, pianos are often dropped. If one person loses their ability to hold the piano’s weight, a leg can be snapped or split. Piano leg repair is costly!
4. Another common mistake is a failure to properly disassemble a grand piano. Without proper training, major damages often result.
We could go on and on about the mistakes DIY movers make, but we will spare you the bore. We simply must inform you of the dangers of moving a piano yourself. Even if you think you are fully prepared, you likely are not!
We Are the Professionals
It takes extensive training to be able to safely move a piano. We have been moving pianos for over ten years. We will help you avoid the mistakes that can lead to injuries and damage.
Whether you have a massive grand or a spinet, we have you covered. We have all the equipment that is necessary for safely moving a piano.
Before your piano is moved, we carefully pad it and wrap it for the highest level of protection. We use only the best equipment and materials to ensure that your piano arrives at its destination safely and on time. Our skids, dollies, and piano boards properly protect your piano during the entire moving process.
We treat your piano just like we would our own. Our drivers and crews are full-time professionals and are dedicated to ensuring your piano arrives at its destination in perfect condition.
If you are considering moving your piano without professional help, are you prepared with the following?
- Have you been trained in moving pianos?
- Do you have skids, dollies, straps, padding, and a piano board?
- Do you have plenty of strong volunteers to help?
- If you own a grand, do you know the steps involved to disassembling it?
- Are you insured against damages and accidents?
If you cannot answer yes to the above, we recommend you contact the premier Piano Movers for Houston – us! There is no reason to risk injury or piano damage just to save a few dollars.
How to Prepare for Your Move
While we take care of all the heavy work, there are a few things you can do to prepare your home and piano for the move.
1. Make a clear path from your piano to the door. Move any chords, rugs, or decorations. A clear path will make the move much safer.
2. Remove any piano accessories, especially the casters. We cannot use the casters to roll the piano because they are not meant to support the weight.
3. Protect the vulnerable areas of your home when at all possible. We will take great care to protect your home and ensure no damage occurs in the move.
We recommend you refrain from getting your piano tuned before the move. No matter how carefully protected your piano, the jarring from the move will likely cause it to get out of tune. It is best to wait until the piano is set up in your new place before having it tuned.
Why Choose Us?
We have been in this business for over ten years and have the knowledge, skills, and tools to move all brands, types, and sizes of pianos.
- We are licensed and insured
- We offer free estimates
- We have the highest customer service rating
- We offer the best protection for your piano
- Our staff members are friendly and knowledgeable
Houston Piano Movers You Can Rely On
If you are planning a move, allow us to take care of your piano. Give us a call or fill out the online form for a free quote. We need to know your current residence and the destination of the move. Tell us the type of piano you own and whether there are stairs. The more information you provide, the more accurate the quote we offer.
Give yourself peace of mind by putting your piano in the hands of our experts. You can rest assured your piano will always be fully protected during the move. Call us today with any questions you have.