The Piano Movers in Arlington You Can Trust!
Moving a piano is not as easy as transporting a sofa. Some pianos can weigh hundreds of pounds and require multiple people and specialized equipment to move. Safety alone is a big issue, and one of the primary reasons piano owners hire professionals to help them with the move. Before taking the plunge and attempting to move a piano alone, it is wise to know what is involved in the entire moving process.
Experienced Piano Movers Are Essential
Professional piano movers are highly trained, skilled, bonded, and insured. They will make sure your piano is safely moved, so it does not suffer any damage in the process. Without professional movers, moving a piano can be dangerous. Did you know the average baby grand can weigh as much as 500 pounds?
Here are just a few of the reasons piano owners rely on piano moving professionals.
- One of the top reasons people choose piano movers is safety. Those who are trying to help you move a piano can become seriously injured, especially if the piano falls on them. Some pianos are oddly shaped and can be challenging to handle. It only takes a slip of the hand for a piano to come crashing down the stairs.
- Pianos can quickly become damaged when they are not moved correctly. At the very least, they can be forced out of tune by the moving process. At worst, they can be destroyed.
- Professional movers have the proper equipment to safely and effectively move all types of pianos. Some people mistakenly believe a furniture mover can move their piano, but this is not always safe.
- Another reason people wisely choose to hire a professional piano mover is money savings. Although it would seem not hiring a professional would save money, this is not always the case.
Common Mistakes People Make When Moving a Piano Themselves
Many people attempt to move a piano without professional intervention, and they quickly discover they have made a mistake. Some common mistakes are made when moving a piano, and they include the following.
- One of the biggest mistakes people make is not having enough people to help them. It takes at least four strong individuals to move a piano, especially if the move includes stairs. Some people make the mistake of thinking they are stronger than they indeed are, which can be dangerous.
- Another big mistake that is made is relying on the casters. You cannot roll a piano on its casters, or the legs will be in danger of breaking. Casters are not meant to withstand the immense weight of moving a piano. A piano dolly is a must when moving a large piano.
- Many people make the mistake of underestimating the sheer weight of a piano. Some pianos can weigh as much as 1,000 pounds. This is not a weight that can be moved with only a couple of people.
- It is also a big mistake to rush the process of moving a piano. If you plan on moving a piano, never rush the process. Make sure to give yourself a day to prepare and move the piano.
These mistakes can be avoided by hiring professional movers. These movers take over the entire process and ensure the piano is safely and effectively moved, so no injuries or damages occur.
Steps to Take to Move a Piano
Moving a piano is not an easy task and can take substantial time. Many people simply do not realize the amount of preparation and strength that is required for a piano move. Even the shortest of moving routes can prove problematic. You should be aware of the following steps that must be carried out to move a piano without professional help.
- You will need to purchase stretch pads to encase all sides of the piano. These protect against damage dings during the moving process.
- Moving a piano requires lifting so it can be placed on the four-wheel piano dolly. It is not safe to move a large piano without the correct dolly.
- You will need to use ratchet straps to secure the piano to the dolly. Please do not attempt to move a piano on a dolly without it being securely strapped in place, or it could easily fall, causing injuries and damages. The ratchet straps must be precisely placed, or they could cause damage to the keyboard and other components.
- If stairs are involved, the move is not going to be at all easy. If you must transverse stairs, you cannot rely on the dolly alone. You will need to lift the piano over each step. Without enough help, this task will prove arduous and stressful.
- Once you have the piano and dolly out of the house, it will need to be pushed up the ramp of the truck. This is not an easy task, and you will need four strong people to accomplish it safely.
- When the dolly is inside the truck, it will need to be secured to the walls of the truck. Care must be taken to ensure the piano will not move around during transport. It is also critical to avoid placing any other items near the piano during the move.
We Make Piano Moving Much Safer
As you can see, moving a piano is hard work and should never be taken lightly. We take care of all the work, so you can rest assured the move is a safe one. Pianos are expensive instruments and need to be moved with the utmost care. Our employees are highly trained, and we have the equipment to get the job done safely.
Hire Professional Movers for a New Piano
Have you recently purchased a new piano from one of the music stores in Arlington? Allow us to take care of the transport from the store to your home. No one wants to purchase a beautiful new piano only to have it damaged in the move because they did not have the right equipment and manpower.
Allow us to take care of all your piano moving needs with an expert, fast, and efficient service from start to finish. Contact us today for further information.